Douglas J. Witten
$150.00 per party/per day
Workers' Compensation Cases
2 Party Case: $175.00 Per Party Per Hour
3 Party Case: $150.00 Per Party Per Hour
4 Party Case: $135.00 Per Party Per Hour
Non-Workers' Compensation Cases
2 Party Case: $200.00 Per Party Per Hour
3 Party Case: $185.00 Per Party Per Hour
4 Party Case: $170.00 Per Party Per Hour
Fees are the same for any additional time spent on document review, research, written findings of fact/law and other outside time, if any, necessary to prepare or make an informed award or evaluation.
For travel time charges for mediations & arbitrations held at locations other than at BAY’s offices in Atlanta, please contact BAY.
ALL CHARGES WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY AMONG ALL PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING. RATES MAY BE ADJUSTED FOR SPECIAL SITUATIONS. THE FEE IS TO BE AGREED UPON IN ADVANCE.
OUR CONTRACT FOR SERVICES IS WITH THE ATTORNEY(S). WE EXTEND CREDIT, WITH NO ADVANCE DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT, BASED ON THE ATTORNEY'S CREDIT. THE ATTORNEY, IN TURN, COLLECTS FROM HIS/HER CLIENT. THEREFORE, WE EXPECT PAYMENT FROM THE ATTORNEY(S) REGARDLESS OF CLIENT ACTIVITY. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL ON EVERY ARBITRATION PRIOR TO THE AWARD BEING PUBLISHED.
*** A FINANCE CHARGE OF 1.50% PER MONTH (18% PER YEAR) WILL BE CHARGED ON BALANCES DUE OVER 45 DAYS.
- Moderator, "Mediation in Peer Review: A Pearl Hiding in Plain Sight," AHLA Educational Call, February 14, 2017.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "Nontraditional Uses of Mediation in Healthcare," American Bar Association 18th Annual Section of Dispute Resolution Spring Conference, April 7-9, 2016, New York, NY.
- Moderator, "Live Appellate Division Arguments," SBWC Annual Educational Conference, September 1, 2015 & August 26, 2014, Atlanta, GA.
- Webinar Presenter, "Operation and Structure of the Georgia SBWC's Appellate Division," Risk Management Inc., July 19, 2011.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "Recent Decisions of the Appellate Division," Workers' Compensation Law Institute, October 15-17, 2009, St. Simons Island, GA.
- Introductory Speaker, "ADR in the Workers' Compensation Arena," January 29, 2009, Atlanta, GA.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "Ancillary Issues in Mediation," ADR in the Workers' Compensation Arena, January 31, 2008, Atlanta, GA (invited).
- Program Co-Chair, "Mediation in the Workers' Compensation Arena," February 7, 2007, Atlanta, GA.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "Current Ethical Issues in Mediation," Mediation in the Workers' Compensation Arena, February 20, 2004, Atlanta, GA.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "HIPAA Security Standards: Transforming the Healthcare Landscape," at the HIPAA Roundtable, May 2-3, 2001, Atlanta, GA.
- Co-Presenter, "New Federal Healthcare Information Use and Confidentiality Requirements: 23 Months and Counting," Southeastern Health Law and Policy Forum, March 30, 2001, Atlanta, GA.
- Guest Lecturer, "Practicing Health Law," Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, November 29, 2000, Atlanta, GA.
- Co-Presenter and Panelist, "HIPAA Security Standards: Transforming the Healthcare Landscape," at the HIPAA Roundtable, November 15-16, 2000, Atlanta, GA.
- Presenter, "HIPAA Security Standards," at the GHA: An Association of Hospitals and Health Systems HIPAA Executive Briefing, November 1, 2000, College Park, GA.