Humberto Izquierdo, Jr.
$150.00 per party/per day
Mediation / Arbitration Hourly Fees
2 Party Case: $175.00 Per Party Per Hour
3 Party Case: $150.00 Per Party Per Hour
4 Party Case: $135.00 Per Party Per Hour
Fees are the same for any additional time spent on document review, research, written findings of fact/law and other outside time, if any, necessary to prepare or make an informed award or evaluation.
For travel time charges for mediations & arbitrations held at locations other than at BAY’s offices in Atlanta, please contact BAY.>
ALL CHARGES WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY AMONG ALL PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING. RATES MAY BE ADJUSTED FOR SPECIAL SITUATIONS. THE FEE IS TO BE AGREED UPON IN ADVANCE.
OUR CONTRACT FOR SERVICES IS WITH THE ATTORNEY(S). WE EXTEND CREDIT, WITH NO ADVANCE DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT, BASED ON THE ATTORNEY'S CREDIT. THE ATTORNEY, IN TURN, COLLECTS FROM HIS/HER CLIENT. THEREFORE, WE EXPECT PAYMENT FROM THE ATTORNEY(S) REGARDLESS OF CLIENT ACTIVITY. ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL ON EVERY ARBITRATION PRIOR TO THE AWARD BEING PUBLISHED.
*** A FINANCE CHARGE OF 1.50% PER MONTH (18% PER YEAR) WILL BE CHARGED ON BALANCES DUE OVER 45 DAYS.
Humberto Izquierdo, Jr. specializes in the areas of Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury. He is also fluent in Spanish. Humberto began his legal career in 2002 as an insurance defense litigator for a prominent defense firm in Atlanta. He represented employers, insurance carriers, self-insureds and servicing agents in reaching amicable final resolutions in claims against them. When necessary he also defended claims and has experience from the Administrative Hearing level to the Georgia Court of Appeals. In 2005, he founded the Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., specializing in representing claimants following work injuries and plaintiffs suffering personal injuries. Humberto is a trained neutral and is registered with the Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution. His fluency in Spanish, combined with his multifaceted legal experience, makes him uniquely qualified to serve as a mediator.
- Henning Mediation Training
- Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon, 2002
- B.A. in Biology, with minors in Environmental Studies and Spanish, College of
Charleston, Charleston, S.C., 1998
- Law Offices of Humberto Izquierdo, Jr., P.C., Cumming, Georgia (Founder, 2005 – present)
- The Webster Firm, Duluth, Georgia (Associate, 2004-2005)
- Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, Atlanta, Georgia (Associate, 2002-2004)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- ICLE 2012, Atlanta, Georgia, Personal Injury: The Interplay Between Workers’
Compensation and Personal Injury
- ICLE 2011, Duluth, Georgia, Present and Future of Undocumented Workers In Georgia
- ICLE 2010, St. Simons, Georgia, Maloney and Other Return to Work Issues
Areas of Expertise
- Injuries & Accidents
- Workers' Compensation